By Wendy Pollock DC, CCH
Homeopathy was born before being green and local was popular.
Dr Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) was a tireless world visionary and champion for a new viewpoint on health in the same way John Muir was for the environment.
Homeopathy is based on principles of energetic medicine in which minute quantities of substances from the natural world are potentized (enhanced), and used to bring about balance in the body, from whatever state of imbalance exists.
In recent times Hahnemann’s theories about how homeopathic remedies worked were proven by quantum physics. But in Hahnemann’s time, he railed about the destructive road allopathic medicine was on, and refused to participate in a broken system. For this, his peers shunned him, and though he was forced to lead an itinerant life due to being ostracized, he continued to champion his truth throughout his long, storied life.
Today the dire predicaments we face with healthcare is not dissimilar to Hahnemann’s time; today allopathic medicine relieves more suffering in acute care situations than in Hahnemann’s time, when bloodletting and leeches were the customary treatments. But conventional medicine continues to ignore the whole as the sum of the parts, and instead concentrates via specialists on chemically or surgically manipulating individual parts. When the whole is ignored, the body & the spirit cannot be in balance.
The focus of Homeopathy is the understanding of the whole of the person, mentally, physically; spiritually. When this is gleaned, and the homeopath finds a remedy that resonates with the person’s current state, this allows a shift to a balanced state of health to ensue. This shift can be transformative. Simply by seeing what is, the homeopath frees blocks that allow the true potential of the client to unfold, like the transformation from caterpillar through chrysalis to butterfly…
Why is homeopathy GREEN?
First, What is Green?
Some definitions of Green:
- Out go does not exceed input
- The natural order is not disrupted in producing a product
- The whole is honored over the component parts
- Homeostasis is the inherent quality of the body to bring about balance. Homeopathy catalyzes the process of homeostasis when health has been disrupted.
- Homeopaths use minute amounts of substances from the natural world to make medicines.
- Homeopaths use the Minimum dose- the least amount of a natural substance is used to stimulate the inherent internal systems of the body to heal itself.
- The homeopath seeks to understand every quality of the substance from which remedies are made. In this way we help promote & preserve knowledge of the natural world.
- Homeopathic remedies are very low cost, potent in action, can be used world wide, with no expiration date. Remedies are cost effective, have a no carbon footprint, require minimal packaging, and are stable over time.
- Homeopathic treatment has no iatrogenic effects, resulting in further green cost savings.
- Homeopathy is universal in action- the same medicine gives the same consistent results today as it did 200 years ago.